In addition to brushing and flossing daily, preventative care and treating dental issues as they arise, eating healthy foods is another very important way to keep the teeth and gums healthy.
Check out these best foods for your dental health:
- Carrots: Carrots contain vitamins A and C. They also scrub the teeth and tongue, but only when raw and not dipped in sugary substances. Roasting vegetables has been found to increase their acidity, which can eat away at tooth enamel.
- Salmon: Studies show that the fatty acids (Omega 3s) found in salmon can help the treatment of Periodontal disease. Periodontal disease also known as gum disease, causes inflammation of the gums, causing them to separate from the tooth.
- Spinach: Spinach and other leafy greens contain vitamins A and C, beta carotene, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium, every one of which supports healthy teeth and gums. Leafy green vegetables are high in calcium, which helps build tooth enamel!
- Yogurt: Yogurt commonly contains lactobacillus or bifidus, good bacteria, which are believed to reduce the numbers of bad bacteria in saliva, as well as support digestion. When choosing a yogurt, be sure that it is plain with no added sugars!
- Cheese: Dentistry researchers found that after consuming cheddar cheese the pH level increased inside the mouth, creating a hostile environment for cavity-causing bacteria.
You probably and are in need of emergency dental care. At Urgency Dental USA, our local emergency rooms are equipped with emergency dentists that can provide you with prompt emergency dental care that suits your dental needs. We are one of the few dental clinics in the US that you will find still . If you are in , you can visit us at 1335 N Belt Line Rd Suite 13, Irving, TX 75061. For a restored smile, for improved oral health, for a professional touch that fosters lasting relationships, to book a with us.